Rebuilt on an old building already mentioned in a document of 1169, the current church was built in 1929 within the walls of the small village of Capocavallo Alto, at the top of a pretty staircase.
The façade is perfectly recognizable in its division into three bays corresponding to the three internal naves; the three doors are dominated by lunettes: the main one contains the image of Christ, the one on the right shows the Marian symbol and the one on the left the grill, symbol of the martyrdom of San Lorenzo.
The bell tower was completed in 1890, erected a short distance from the church, on the basis of an old tower which is part of the walls erected at the end of the 14th century. The construction is imposing, for its height of 40 meters including the skylight spire, up to the tip of the cross. Characteristic is the greater bell or “Leonina bell”, which with its weight of over 14 quintals is among the largest bells in the entire Perugian area.
Piazza della Scienza
Loc. Capocavallo Alto
Corciano