Presumably dating back to the 16th century, the church of Macchie was elevated to a parish in 1806. Built with a Greek cross plan and two side chapels, at the end of the 19th century it was totally modernized by the architect Biscarini, retaining very little of its original appearance.
On the façade, the large terracotta portal with a lunette contains a mosaic of the Annunciation.
The interior is marked by neoclassical pilasters that support thinner arches and is covered with ribbed vaults. In the niche of the main altar, the Madonna enthroned with Child with silver crowns is painted.
Piazza Santa Maria, 1
Castiglione del Lago
+39 075 830 7029