Located in front of Porta Fiorentina, the church of Sant’Agostino was recovered with the aim of setting up the “Anita Belleschi Grifoni” Tulle Museum and exhibiting the artifacts of the precious collection.
Located at the top of a staircase, it was built in the 14th century by the eremitan friars and completed in 1502, as indicated in the date engraved on the door lintel. Of considerable importance is the stupendous central altar, completed in 1513 by Giambattista di Cristoforo da Cortona.
In the past, in one of the side altars of the church there was preserved the fresco of the Perugian school “Madonna in Trono” which, due to humidity, was detached and transported to the church of San Sebastiano.
Piazza Regina Margherita