The church was built between the 9th and 10th centuries, most likely by the Benedictine monks.
Erected on a hill between Lake Trasimeno and Lake Chiusi, in 1948 it was oriented towards the municipal road and the square. The right side facing west, like the old facade, was very high above the street level.
Completely destroyed by the bombing of the Second World War, between 1950 and 1951 the church was rebuilt taking into account the ancient design.
Via degli Eroi, 17
Castiglione del Lago