Villa Palombaro Schnabl, now privately owned, is located in Monte del Lago, in a dominant position on the Trasimeno. The building, dating back to the 19th century, was the residence of the Barons Danzetta, then passed to the Counts Oddi Baglioni who in 1898 sold it to Riccardo Schnabl Rossi. In the following years it was modified and enlarged giving it the current Austrian Art Nouveau appearance.
The villa is spread over three floors and a partially basement ground floor. The long façade overlooking the garden is characterized by a portico surmounted by a terrace with a wrought iron railing.
The hanging garden, designed in the early twentieth century, is supported by a high wall that extends along the ancient road that was incorporated into the relevance of the villa. It hosts various plant essences such as palm and oleander, which give it a Mediterranean aspect, properly a Riviera.
Via della Confraternita
Loc. Monte del Lago